Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas party and Ms. B

I was home, greeting some visitors who had just entered the hallway and hanging their coats onto racks. I was wearing a black sweater and some black shiny shoes. I stood there watching all the people pouring in to our house. There were some red Christmas decorations hanging on the walls.

I looked at a person and said to myself with a slightly rising intonation: "That's her dad..." Then the man who had just come in and taken his black coat off lifted his head and stared at me. He had a short black beard and he looked at me very seriously.

The viewpoint changed and instead of looking at things over my left shoulder I was now witnessing the events from the left side of the room so that I could see everything. Suddenly, Ms. B dashed between all the people still at the door wearing a white winter coat. She jumped on me making me fall down on the floor, her on me. I became very confused all sudden and my shoes dropped on the floor revealing white socks. She smiled.

Transition.

We walked on the left side of a wintery road, hand in hand. It was very dark, both sides of the road were blinded with a spruce forest. It was snowing and the whole road was covered in sleet. After walking a while a car with bright and rigidly cone-shaped headlights appeared from the direction we were walking to and passed us. Then another car passed. A bit later two more but from the other direction.

We continued walking towards an intersection in a suburban area. When closing in, I looked to my left, past her, and glanced through a large wood paneled window of a nearby house. Her father was there, reading a newspaper and sitting in an armchair. He quickly lowered the newspaper to reveal his face. Then he stared at me again.